Sunday, January 15, 2012

Meb and Sketchers

The Trials in Houston yesterday depicted an awesome display of just how intriguing the sport of distance running can be. Current Sketchers athlete Meb Keflezighi pulled off an upset win to better Ryan Hall of Asics and Abdi Abdirahman of Nike who finished third. Meb, who finished second in the Athens Olympic Marathon was dropped by Nike shortly after winning the 2009 New York Marathon struggled to find sponsorship until Sketchers stepped up in a big way. Beyond the initial shock of someone running well in Sketchers I've come to realize that the company is truly deserving of the running communities support. They have picked up one of America's best athletes when no one else could or was able to do so and that leads me to respect what they have to offer more than ever. I'm not saying that I am going to switch to Sketchers for my everyday trainer but I am considering looking at what they have to offer seeing where that leads..... Maybe we all should.

Photos: 2012 Olympic Marathon Trials in Houston Sports Update a Chron.com blog

No comments:

Post a Comment